Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Col. Charles Carroll letter Sept., 1856


Source: Mount Saint Mary's University Special Collections, from Charles Carroll to Rev. John McCloskey. The contribution was for a gothic church Rev. McCloskey planned to erect at the Mountain which never actually materialized.

Baltimore 11th

Dev. & Dear Sir
I enclose to you $20.00 as a small offering to the church you are about to erect. I have not been able to send you any until lately & if I can I will add to my little donation during the Fall. Give my best regards to each of the reverend gentlemen and also to Mr. Beleka. Mr. Verot has just completed a church in our neighborhood, to which we must all contribute, but I will endeavor to raise something for the Mountain church, as I love everybody and everything connected with my old home. I must get up to see you this October. I remain sincerely your devoted pupil

Chas Carroll
Sept 11th 1856

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home