Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Charles Carroll letter July, 1856


Source: Rev. John McCloskey letters, Special Collections, Mount St. Mary's University. McCloskey was endeavoring to build a new church at Mount St. Mary's.

Balt. July 1st 1856
Rev & Dear Sir
I shall be happy to contribute $15.00 to the laudable object you have in view, on about the 15th of July. I will (be) unable to send any more at present but shall remember to do so later in the fall. The disspaointed expectations of being at the commencement is my only plea for so a dely in answering an invitation of assistance from you, to whom I am under most lasting obligations. Remember me kindly and particularly to the Rev. Messrs McCloskey and Elder & Mr. Beleke & Nickey. Believe me ever your most grateful pupil Chas. Carroll Esq

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home